Front Range Dental Center PLLC serves Fort Collins, Windsor, Timnath, Loveland, Ault, and Cheyenne.
Ten unique facts on the toothbrush from Front Range Dental Center!
- The dentists at Front Range Dental Center suggest that you replace your toothbrush after you have the flu, a cold or another viral infection. If the toothbrush is not replaced, microbes on the toothbrush bristles could lead to re-infection.
- Always keep your toothbrush at least six feet away from the toilet. When the toilet is flushed, airborne particles can travel up to six feet.
- Blue toothbrushes are the most popular color, followed by red tooth brushes
- Your Fort Collins dentist recommends replacing your manual toothbrush every three month. If you have gum disease, the dentists suggest replacing your toothbrush once every 4-6 weeks.
- Putting a cap on toothbrush can cause bacteria growth by trapping in moisture.
- The first known toothbrush with bristles originated in China in 1948. The first toothbrush was made of bone or bamboo with hog bristles. The first modern toothbrush with nylon was introduced 1938 by the DuPont company.
- The first electric toothbrush was sold by the Squibb (Bristol Meyer Squibb) company in 1956 in Europe and 1959 in the US.
- A study by the Academy of General Dentistry reported the average person only brushes for 45 to 70 seconds a day. The dentists at Front Range Dental Center suggest you brush 2-3 minutes at least twice a day.
- Americans spend over $850 million a year on toothbrushes
- Women brush their teeth more often than men.
If you are looking for the best toothbrush for yourself, please ask Dr. Radtke, Dr. Behrens, or Dr. Eckhardt during you next dental visit. Front Range Dental Center is located in the Front Range Village Shopping Center near the intersection of Harmony and Ziegler in Southeast Fort Collins. We look forward to being your dentist in Fort Collins!